Pardon the punctuation...If you're a fan of amazing tiki bar cocktails look no further then heading to "Smuggler's Cove" in San Francisco. Get blown away by the variety of cocktails and rums that they have in Stock. The knowledgeable mixologists Will blow your mind with their skill level and the fact that they make those amazing drinks while wearing a Hawaiian shirt is icing on the cake.
Here's the recipe for the cocktail pictured below
The Expedition from Smuggler’s Cove Exotic Cocktails, Rum and The Cult of Tiki
- 1 oz/30 ml fresh lime juice
- ½ oz/15 ml cinnamon syrup (make a 1:1 simple syrup with 1 cinnamon stick. Simmer syrup in pan with cinnamon stick for 10 minutes. Cool and steep for one hour. Remove stick before serving.)
- ½ oz/15 ml honey syrup (1 cup water and 1 cup honey. Combine ingredients in saucepan over medium heat. Stir until honey dissolves and remove from heat. Cool before serving.)
- ¼ oz/7.5 ml vanilla syrup (1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 split vanilla bean. Combine water and sugar in saucepan over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and add vanilla bean. After it has cooled: for a light vanilla flavor, strain syrup before bottling. If you want a more robust vanilla flavor, leave the bean pieces in the syrup when storing.)
- 2 oz/60 ml seltzer
- ¼ oz/7.5 ml Bittermans New Orleans Coffee Liqueur
- 2 oz/60 ml Black Blended Rum+, such as Hamilton Guyana 86 and Blackwell Black Gold
- 1 oz/30 ml bourbon
- edible orchid for garnish
Add all the ingredients to a drink mixer tin with 12 ounces of crushed ice and 4 to 6 small “agitator” cubes. Flash blend and open pour with gated finish into a mug or glass. Add garnish.
I own a copy of this amazing cocktail book. I highly suggest you pick one up. It's also a great display book for your bar
Order your copy Here!