Pardon the Punctuation...Had the chance of tasting the "Savor Pine Ridge Experience" at Pineridge Vineyards earlier this week. By far the best food and wine pairing I've had at a wine tasting. Bookmark this and make reservations ahead of time. After touring the wine caves you get to sit down for one of the top experiences in Napa and even get to taste one of the most sought after wines "Fortis."
Here's what I had.
1. 2014 Rutherford Canernet paired with parmesan panna cotta, frico.
2. 2014 Oakville Cabernet paired with agour petit prebis, medjool date, and orange blossom honey.
3. 2013 Stags Leap Cabernet paired with Niman Ranch beef empanada and pimenton juice.
4. 2013 Howell Mountain Cabernet paired with pork rillette, walnut toast, and sweet & sour prunes.
5. 2013 FORTIS Cabernet paired with smoked duck biscuit with fig jam.